2. DISCLOSURE Generally, we do not release personal information without your consent. However we may release personal information in any of the following circumstances: (a) if required by law; (b) in order to provide the service you have requested, for example, if you purchase products online from The Peekaboos Store, or are a subscriber to any of The Peekaboos transmedia content, we will need to disclose your personal information to third parties in order to bill and deliver your products or services; (c) if we suspect your use of any of our websites is in breach of any of the relevant Terms and Conditions of use of The Peekaboos Websites; (d) in the case of an emergency or in exceptional circumstances, a General Manager may at his or her discretion authorize the release of the personal information, including in order to protect our intellectual property and other rights.
3. COLLECTION We may collect information about you in the following circumstances: (a) when you visit any of The Peekaboos Websites, we may make a record of your visit and log your visit for statistical and business purposes. Such information includes your server address, domain name, IP address, the date and time of your visit, pages accessed, documents downloaded, previous sites visited and the type of browser used; (b) when you register to access any of The Peekaboos Websites or become a member, you may be asked to enter certain information (including your name, address and your email address); (c) when you subscribe to any the services provided by The Peekaboos Websites (for example, The Peekaboos TV), or purchase any products from The Peekaboos Websites, we or our providers will collect details that you enter (eg. your name, address, email and credit card / billing information) so that we can process your subscription or your order; (d) if you send us an email message we will record your email address and such other details that are necessary to respond to any requests contained in your email. Our primary concern is to protect the interests of the children who are our audience and for this reason we may monitor visitors to our website. We will not collect personal information that would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to our activities or business.
4. MAILING LISTS When you register to access or become a member of The Peekaboos Website, you may be prompted for your email address. You will be informed when you register that by submitting your email address, you consent to receiving communications by email from time to time. We maintain a mailing list for the purpose of communicating updates and other information on The Peekaboos and our products to members of the mailing list. If you wish to unsubscribe from such mailing lists, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button, which appears at the bottom of our emails to you. We will not use your email address for any other purpose (including adding it to any third party mailing list) without your express approval.
5. COOKIES Cookies are small files of information that save and retrieve information about your visit to our site. If you do not wish information to be gathered on a cookie it is possible to disable the acceptance of cookies by your web browser. In some circumstances this may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of some parts of The Peekaboos Websites. If this site uses a cookie to deliver contents we think will interest you, the cookie may also be used for authentication.
6. LINKS If The Peekaboos Websites contain a link to another site(s), we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
7. SOCIAL MEDIA MESSAGING, MESSAGE BOARDS AND FORUMS The Peekaboos Websites may contain interactive features such as Facebook messaging, Twitter posts, message boards and forums. Whenever you post personal information in publicly accessible places such as Facebook, Twitter, message boards and forums on the Internet, this information becomes available to anyone with access to the Internet. This information can be collected and used by others, including the ability to send you unsolicited communications. Therefore, we recommend that you use your discretion and exercise caution when providing your personal information on Facebook, Twitter, message boards and forums. We accept no liability for any material or links posted on any Facebook post, Twitter post, message boards or forums on The Peekaboos Websites.
8. SECURITY We respect the privacy of individuals and will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure. Our contractors and service providers are also obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal information. Our contractors who process payments made for subscriptions and other services purchased through The Peekaboos Websites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software which encrypts information you input. Please ensure you also help protect against unauthorized access to your personal information and passwords by logging out after you have finished using any part of The Peekaboos Websites. Despite the foregoing, we will not be held responsible for the consequences of unauthorised access to your personal information. The Internet is not a secure environment. If you use the Internet to send us personal information, it is sent entirely at your own risk.